Today I wanted to share a few pointers and things to keep in mind when working with dragons. Remember dragons are independent beings with personalities of their own, and make the choice to work with us. In my practice I have found all of the following to be true when working with dragons.
• Don’t ever call a Dragon into your sacred space and start ordering them around. Treat them like you like to be treated. Give them the respect as equals and not servants, and they will work with you.
• Don’t show them that you fear them. They have very heightened sense and can easily detect fear. If they detect any fear whatsoever they won’t respect you as an equal and may consider anything you do a waist of time and energy on their part.
• Don’t ever attack a Dragon you have called. You called them; they didn’t call you.
• Dragons are very intelligent. Don’t try and pull a fast one over on them.
• Dragons tend to speak in riddles and symbolism. At least until you have worked with them for a while.
• The only tool a Dragon respects (not fears) is the Athame/Sword, but only when wielded by a confident practitioner who is prepared to stand his ground.
• If you feel uncomfortable with a certain Dragons presence, carefully and politely explain your wishes and desires concerning them. They will understand you and either work along with you or leave you be.
• Before rejecting a Dragons help or presence, first find out what they have to show or teach you. They won’t hang around where they are not wanted.
• Always give them an offering. They won’t do something for nothing.
• Most Dragons tend to be subtle in their first few contacts with you. Be sensitive and extra aware of what is occurring around you, for if there is anything that would endanger them they won’t make their presence known.
• Watch what you ask for, they take things literally and without mercy. Don’t leave any loopholes in any petition you present to them.
Don't ever try to lie to a dragon or be deceitful. They will know your heart and true intent and will refuse to work with you.
Brightest Dragon blessings,
Image by Anne Stokes - Annestokes.com