Pamper the skin you're in with a homemade body scrub. Body scrubs can be made with sugar or salt, and even coffee grounds (unused of course). This month I am going to teach you how to make one of my personal sugar scrub recipes. This is a great body scrub and foot scrub to smooth, soften, and invigorate tired skin. Let's get right to it!
1. one cup sugar
2. one heaping tablespoon of shea butter
3. one teaspoon coconut or almond oil
4. one teaspoon of wild violets, dried and crushed
5. one teaspoon of wild buttercups, dried and crushed
6. 1/2 teaspoon of poppy seeds.
7. two drops of lemon essential oil (can also use lemon extract)
8. one drop of lime essential oil (can also use lime extract)
9. one vitamin e capsule (acts as a natural preservative)
In a glass or metal bowl, mix sugar, dried flowers, and poppy seeds. Toss until loosely mixed. Add remaining ingredients and mix vigorously until well blended. Don't worry, the sugar will not melt as long as all ingredients are at room temperature. Store in a glass or plastic container with a lid. Makes approximately 6-6.5 oz of product.
Use in bath or shower as the last step before getting out. Scoop about a half tablespoon and lightly rub between your hands to spread, then rub on feet or other body areas paying special attention to dry skin areas. Rinse and pat dry. Use daily for smooth moisturized skin. There, now wasn't that easy?